What Are Orthotics?
Orthotics are specially made show or heel insert that is custom designed for you. Orthotics are often used to treat a variety of conditions concerning the foot and ankle. In many cases, they are an effective way to relieve foot and ankle pain.
Who Needs Orthotics?
While you can find store-bought orthotics, a custom orthotic is designed to suit the unique needs of the patient. A custom orthotic is tailored to your feet, which helps promote effective results. The goal of orthotics treatment is to provide support to the ankle, reduce the risk of injury, correct deformities, and to alleviate pressure on the foot, ankle, and back.
If you are searching for custom orthotics in Newtown, PA, our team will sess your needs and determine if orthotic treatment is right for you.
What Are Orthotics Used For?
Custom orthotics may be used to address the following conditions:
- Back Pain: A poor foot positioning may lead to routine back pain. A custom orthotic can provide extra cushioning to the foot, which may help relieve back pain.
- Bunions: Bunions are bumps that form at the base of the big toe. Often times, bunions are painful or uncomfortable. With custom orthotics, it can relieve pressure on the big toe.
- Flat Feet: Flat feet can lead to foot, ankle, and back pain. A custom orthotic can support the feet and relieve pain or pressure on the foot, ankle, and back.
- Arthritis in the heel or ankle: A custom orthotic an absorb the impact of pressure and relieve stress on the ankle and foot.
- Foot Arches: If you have high foot arches, it can cause stress on the muscles in the feet. In some cases, it can lead to shin splints plantar fasciitis and knee pain. Orthotics can prevent the feet from rolling and provide stability for your feet.
- Foot and Anke Injuries: for people who are prone to foot and ankle injury, an orthotic can help stabilize the affected area and provide much-needed support.
- Plantar Fasciitis: Orthotics can help alleviate heel pain.
- Hammer Toe: Hammer toe often leads to pain or deformity in the second toe or ball of the foot. A custom orthotic can provide extra support to the feet and reduce the risk of hammer toe worsening.
Custom Orthotics in Newtown, PA
At Newtown Foot and Ankle Specialists, we offer a wide range of orthotics options. Our team can work with you to design and create orthotics that are tailored to your unique needs, lifestyle, and budget.
To yield the best results, we utilize advanced 3D imaging to gather the exact measurements of your feet. This information is sent to a local lab, where highly skilled technicians will fabricate custom orthotics that are made specifically for you.
Schedule An Appointment
Would you like to get fitted for custom orthotics in Newtown, PA? Visit your trusted team at Newtown Foot and Ankle Specialists for the care you need. If you would like to schedule your orthotic consultation, call 215.234.3772, or request an appointment online.