Our Newtown Foot Doctors
At Newtown Foot and Ankle, our team of podiatrists believes that healthy feet, ankles, and legs are key to a comfortable life. That is why we work diligently to provide top-tier treatments to patients who may be suffering from abnormal discomforts and pain in those areas of the body. Over the years, we have noticed that many of those experiencing foot and ankle symptoms struggle with the simple question, “When should I call a podiatrist?” We are here to answer just that!
Our Newtown foot doctors suggest you contact a doctor when you:
- Are experiencing persistent discomfort in the feet, ankles, or lower legs.
- Notice severe peeling, scaling, or cracking on your feet
- Believe you have developed a bacterial infection
- Have noticed that your toenail has grown thicker and has become increasingly uncomfortable
- Are experiencing pain in the heels, which may be accompanied by fever, redness, tingling, or numbness
- Suffer from diabetes or other conditions that may cause poor circulation and the development of athlete’s foot
- Have suffered an injury to the lower leg, feet, or ankles
- Have received a suggestion from another medical professional to have a leg or foot amputated
- Believe you have developed a bacterial infection on the feet.
Do Podiatrists Handle Bacterial Infections of the Feet?
At Newtown Foot and Ankle, our podiatrists help patients who have developed bacterial infections on the feet. Symptoms of such infections may include:
- Swelling, tenderness, pain, redness, or a hot sensation on the affected area
- Red streaks stemming from the infected area of the foot
- Discharge on the affected area
- Constant fever over 100°F with no other suspected causes
- The symptoms of the infection do not go away with non-prescription products
Call Newtown Foot and Ankle for Medical Help Today
If you are experiencing discomfort, we encourage you to get in touch with our Newtown foot doctors right away. With more than 40 years of experience under our belts, we have the knowledge, resources, and cutting-edge techniques to get you feeling better in no time.